Throughout my life, I always had a strong passion for helping others. After graduating from East Stroudsburg University with bachelor’s degrees in Psychology with a minor in Communications, I continued on to pursue my Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Montclair State University. Over the years, I have worked in a variety of mental health settings including Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient programs, higher-education, and private practice, specifically working with adolescents and adults with a variety of mental health challenges including, but not limited to, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, stress management, substance abuse, and life transitions. I find meeting each client where they are at and identifying how to help support them in achieving their personal goals is a privilege.
APPROACH TO THERAPY
My goal as a therapist is to create a safe, nurturing and confidential environment where clients feel understood and have the opportunity to reflect and grow. I engage clients from an integrative therapeutic approach consisting of cognitive-behavioral, person centered, and mindfulness-based techniques and interventions tailored to best meet the client’s unique, individual needs. I believe that being empathic and responsive to the needs of the client, while defining and keeping clear boundaries, is critical to the client’s success and personal growth. I strive to provide a warm, compassionate therapeutic environment to help clients increase self-awareness, self-confidence, and develop the skills necessary to make positive changes in their lives.
- M.A. in Counseling – Clinical Mental Health Counseling: Montclair State University
- B.A. in Psychology, Counseling Concentration/ Minor in Communication: East Stroudsburg University
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Licensed Associate Counselor
- National Certified Counselor
- Adult CPR & AED – American Red Cross
- American Psychology Association
- Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Academic & Professional Honor Society International
- American Counseling Association